Simple summer salads make wonderful breakfasts when you’ve got the right things in there. Feel free to add a soft boiled egg or two.
- 1 head butter leaf lettuce
- 1 cup shredded green+purple cabbage
- 2 rainbow carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- lots of sunflower sprouts
- 2-3 Tbsp guacamole (1 ripe avocado, juice of 1 lime, sea salt to taste+mash together)
- soft boiled egg(s), optional
- 1 Tbsp (or more) basil pesto
- 2 Tbsp (or more) crushed walnuts
- sea salt+cracker black pepper, to taste
- virgin olive oil+raw apple cider vinegar, for drizzling on top
- Chop your veggies.
- Place butter lettuce leaves in a medium bowl and pile all veggies on top.
- Add several scoops of guac and pesto, and add your egg if using, then sprinkle with walnuts.
- Drizzle with olive oil+cider vinegar and enjoy.