This loaf was an experiment gone right! Really moist, just sweet enough and grain – free.
- 5 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 c virgin coconut oil
- 6 free – range eggs
- 1 t pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup shredded + unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup dried currants
- ¼ t sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Gently melt the coconut oil over low heat, until just liquid.
- Throw everything together and mix until combined.
- Pour batter into a coconut-greased glass loaf dish, sprinkle with additional shredded coconut, and bake for about 45 minutes; or until center is set, and top is golden.
Your bananas should be extremely brown. If they’re not overly ripe, your loaf won’t be as sweet. If you are using non-ripe bananas, you should add about a 1/3 c of raw honey, or pure maple syrup to the batter.