This looks like food art, but it couldn’t be more simple to throw together. Please note, you want to soak the chia seeds the night before.
- 1/4 c chia seeds, soaked in unsweetened nut milk, coconut milk, or grass-fed / full-fat cow, or goat milk
- 1 very ripe, frozen banana
- 1/2 c full-fat coconut milk
- 1 c organic spinach
- 1 heaping Tbsp cashew butter
- a handful unsweetened coconut flakes
- a pinch of sea salt
- vanilla extract to taste, optional
- toasted unsweetened coconut flakes
- unsalted: pumpkin seeds + sunflower seeds
- unsalted: pecans, walnuts + pistachios
- fresh or frozen berries, sliced avocado, fresh pineapple, mango, etc.
- Soak chia seeds, to cover, overnight, in any of the above liquids. Add a touch of vanilla if you like, stir well, and place in the refrigerator.
- Blend all other ingredients together.
- In the morning, grab soaked chia from fridge, and spoon into one side of a large bowl.
- Carefully spoon the smoothie into the other side of bowl.
- Garnish down the center with all your favourite things, and enjoy.