This refreshing, probiotic-rich drink is a great alternative to a boozy beverage. You still feel like you’re participating in the fun but without the hangover.
- 1 gallon of brewed + ready to go kombucha
- 1/2 cup hibiscus tea
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 – 3 Tbsp grated ginger root
- 2 juicy limes
Once the first brew of your kombucha is complete, it’s time to start the second ferment:
- Boil 2 cups water and pour over hibiscus leaves/tea. Let steep for 20 minutes.
- Once tea is cool, add the juice of two limes & the cinnamon sticks.
- Pour equal parts of this concoction into a couple of quart jars, or something similar. Pour the pre-brewed kombucha over top of each. Seal with a tight fitting lid.
- Let the contents of the jars ferment for 2 – 4 days. A healthy ferment will bubble and fizz when ready.
- Enjoy over ice on a hot summer day, or pour into pretty glass jars and take to the party.
Store in glass jars in the refrigerator. I like using recycled “Grolsch” beer bottles with those great pop tops.