This veggie pasta is as satisfying as the real thing. Or maybe more! All you need is a handy spiralizer to make these beautiful noodles from zucchini.
- 5 medium zucchini
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese, cut into chunks, optional
- 2 cloves of garlic
- sea salt+pepper, to taste
- a pinch of red hot chili pepper, optional
- 1 cup of slightly packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup full-fat, plain yogurt
- chopped arugula, spinach or kale, and fresh tomato slices, for serving
- Using a spiralizer (photo below), make noodles out of the zucchini. In a food processor, add the cheese (if using), garlic, a pinch each of salt, pepper + chilli pepper. Pulse until fine. Add basil leaves and pulse again. Pour olive oil into the feed tube slowly and pulse.
- Place zucchini noodles in a large serving bowl. Add the prepared pesto, and yogurt, and toss until noodles are coated. Don’t overdress the noodles. It will take a couple of minutes to get the noodles all coated – just keep tossing. If the pesto+yogurt sauce is a little too thick, you can add a touch more oil or a bit of water, but don’t overdo it. Serve immediately on top of a plate of leafy greens – you don’t want it to sit too long.