This stuff is great; goes on any salad, stir-fry, baked root veggie dish, or acts as the prefect dipping sauce. It’s vegan, high in B-vitamins (from: Nutritional yeast) and will impress your guests with it’s creamy, dairy-like flavour.
- 1/5 c. raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 2 c. water
- 3 Tbsp Nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp sweet onion powder
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- a few red chilli flakes, or a touch of cayenne pepper, optional
- sea salt, to taste
- Preparation Method
- Soak cashews overnight, in water to cover. In morning, drain soak water, rinse well, and they’ll be ready to use.
- Blend soaked cashews with 2 cups water.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Store in fridge. Lasts for the week.