These little raw treats taste just like caramel and freeze like a dream.
- 2 c. walnuts
- 2 c. raw almonds
- 1/3 c. pure maple syrup
- 10 Medjool dates, pits removed
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened, shredded coconut *plus a little extra to roll balls in*
- 1/4 tsp Celtic or Pink Salt
- a touch of water, for consistency
- Pulse all ingredients together in a food processor or blender, until a thick & sticky batter is formed – ideal for rolling.
- You may need to add a little water if the mixture is too thick, or a bit more coconut if it’s too sticky to work with.
- Roll batter into “2 bite” size balls.
- On a clean surface or cutting board, roll balls through extra coconut.
- Arrange on a glass baking dish and pop ’em in the fridge for an hour or so.
These freeze really well. You could easily double the recipe and save some for later.