These little energy bites make a great alternative to the overly processed sweet stuff.
- 2 c. raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 1/2 c. pumpkin puree
- 1.5 c. shredded, unsweetened coconut + extra for rolling
- 2 c. soft Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 c. flax seed, ground
- 2 Tbsp. virgin coconut oil
- 2 – 3 Tbsp. maple syrup, or raw honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 big pinch nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Soak raw cashews in a bowl with water to cover, overnight. Drain soak water, rinse, and set aside.
- In blender or food processor, blend soaked cashews + coconut flakes until crumbly. Add all other remaining ingredients and, process again until a sticky, uniform batter is formed. Scoop dough by heaping tablespoon, and roll between your hands to form balls. Gently roll balls into additional shredded coconut.
- Arrange the balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and place in the freezer to set for at least 1 hour before serving. Store in the fridge in a sealed container for up to a week, or in the freezer for an even longer shelf life.
** Note **
Once all of the ingredients are blended, the batter may be a bit too “wet”. If this is this case, add roughly 1/4 cup coconut flakes. Simply continue to add your dry ingredient of choice, until you can roll into well formed bite shapes.