Easy as pie to whip up on the fly. These can be made on the weekend and reheated to enjoy on busy mornings.
- 2 cups organic, fresh spinach, chard or kale, roughly chopped
- 1 large Roma tomato, diced
- 6 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 Tbsp. roughly chopped fresh parsley
- 3 Tbsp roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- ¼ tsp. sea salt, or to taste
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground pepper, or to taste
- a pinch or two of cayenne pepper, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk eggs with 1 Tbsp. water for extra fluffiness.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well to combine Feel free to add anything you like -other ideas include: fresh dill, wild mushrooms, asparagus etc.
- Prepare a muffin tin with virgin coconut oil. Pour in egg mixture evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until set. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
Serve warm or place in the refrigerator for up to 5 days and serve for a quick breakfast or snack.