Throw together whatever you have on hand. Anything works with eggs.
- 6 free-range eggs
- Cooked veggies;
- sautéed white + green onions
- sautéed spinach
- sautéed zucchini
- broccoli florets, chopped very fine
- marinated artichokes, etc.
- 3 Tbsp full-fat Coconut Milk
- 2-3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 Tbsp basil pesto
- sea salt+pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 and prepare muffin tin with coconut oil, or butter, or use paper muffin cups.
- Beat eggs together with coconut milk. Stir in cooked veggies, pesto + seasonings.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until tops turn golden. I love using these muffins as a bun, and stacking leafy greens, avocado, tomato slices, beets, and maybe some grass-fed cheese in the middle. Feel free to spread a little grainy mustard on either side of the “bun” and there you have it!
Store in airtight container in fridge for 4-5 days, or in the freezer for quick breakfast muffins, or snacks in a pinch.