A creamy, garlicky, lemony, protein-packed dip.
- 2 cups chickpeas
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, pasted
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp yogurt, optional
- Additional water, to thin
- 1 tsp cumin for a smokey flavour, optional
- Pour tahini + lemon juice into food processor, or blender, and pulse until creamy.
- Add salt, and pasted garlic to your lemon-tahini sauce.
- Pour chickpeas and sauce into a food processor and blend until well incorporated. Add yogurt and process again for another minute. Then, add as much water as you want to achieve your desired thinness. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Let run in your food processor until silky smooth, for a couple of minutes.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours for best flavour.
Serve drizzled with olive oil, and any of the following: sprinkled with paprika and cumin, and garnished with chickpeas, olives, pickles, or parsley.