Hands down, my favourite grain, and it’s gluten free ya’ll. Plus…
- Does NOT feed pathogenic candida yeast
- Acts as a prebiotic to feed important microflora in your inner ecosystem
- Provides serotonin to calm and soothe your moods
- Helps hydrate your colon to keep you regular
- Digests easily
- Organic Millet, rinsed + soaked
- Rinse millet + remove any stones or un-hulled pieces
- Then, soak or sprout your millet for 8 – 24 hours prior to preparing it, so that you remove the phytic acid that binds up minerals and enzyme inhibitors that make it difficult to digest. Another great option to prepare your millet for easy digestion is to add a small amount of raw apple cider vinegar to the soaking water. Let the soaking millet remain at room temperature for 48 hours. Add a teaspoon acv to your soaking water – this is an excellent way to add minerals and will make your grains even easier to digest.
- Cook millet – 3 cups water to 1 cup millet. Note: If you soak millet, you won’t need as much water when you cook it. After soaking, try 1 cup of millet to 2 or 2 ½ cups of water. You determine how much water to use depending on how soft you like your grain.
- You will know your millet is finished because the dark yellow colour will become opaque. Enjoy. Leftover store well in fridge for several days.