You really can’t go wrong with a raw cake made from nuts, fruits, and chocolate. Feel free to experiment with some of the ingredients; for example you can swap out the almond butter for hazelnut butter, or cocoa butter for coconut oil.
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup dates, pitted + soaked for an hour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked 4-6 hours and rinsed
- 6 tbsp maple syrup, or to taste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 cup cocoa butter, gently melted *coconut oil works too*
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- Strawberries, de-stemmed + sliced
- Crushed Nuts (Hazelnuts, pecans, almonds etc.), I used Brazil nuts, roughly chopped
- Shredded toasted coconut, unsweetened
- In a food processor fitted with its S-blade, place almonds, and pulse until very finely ground. Add dates, cocoa powder + salt, and pulse until a coarse meal. It should stick together when pressed. Scoop out crust mixture in a 9” spring-form pan, or a parchment paper lined pie plate, and press firmly, making sure that the base is relatively even throughout. Set aside.
- In the most powerful food processor / blender you own (a high-speed blender is best but a food processor could work, too), place soaked + drained cashews, maple syrup, water + salt. Next, add the almond butter, melted cocoa butter, and cocoa powder. Blend until fully combined.
- Spread filling overtop the crust, add toppings, and freeze for at least 2 hours. Allow to thaw an hour at room temperature or in the fridge for 4 hours, or overnight, prior to serving.
Serves 10 – 12