Kind of like a nori roll from a sushi restaurant, but even better.
Arame seaweed can be found at a health food store near you.
- Nori (seaweed) sheets
- Red, orange, yellow or green bell pepper, very thinly sliced
- 1 – 2 organic carrots *with peel*, grated
- 1 small, organic beet *with peel*, grated
- 1 ripe avocado, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup arame seaweed, soaked
- a handful of black sesame seeds
- sea salt + black pepper, to taste
- a sprinkle of chilli pepper, paprika or cayenne, or to taste – optional
- Soak arame seaweed in a bowl of water to cover, for about 10 minutes, or until softened.
- Pour off soak water, add to a medium size bowl and set aside.
- Slice veggies and add to bowl. Mixing gently to combine with soaked arame.
- Turn nori sheet with one point towards you or in a diamond shape.
- Add 1/2 cup of sliced veggies 1.5 inch above the bottom corner of the nori and roll up once, then from the left side, roll the nori towards the centre creating an ice cream cone shape.
- Repeat until veggies are gone.
- Wrap in a recycled napkin or handkerchief, sprinkle with sesame seeds and enjoy.