This is an awesome dairy free + vegan icing for cupcakes, fancy raw desserts or cake. We love it slathered on top of this gluten-free, Beetroot, Quinoa + Cocoa Cake. It’s creamy, it’s dreamy and only takes 3 (or 4!) magical ingredients.
- 1 can organic, *full-fat* coconut milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 – 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- a touch of ground cardamon, optional
Note: Light +/or reduced fat coconut milk just won’t cut it. You need the full fat to make the icing nice n’ creamy.
- Stick a can of full-fat coconut milk in the fridge, overnight.
- Grab the coconut milk from the refrigerator in the morning, being careful not too shake the can or turn it upside down before opening.
- Open the can and scoop out the solid parts with a spoon into a large bowl. Try to get as much of the thicker portions as possible.
- Add vanilla extract & maple syrup to the bowl with the coconut milk.
- Beat everything on high with a hand blender for 30 seconds to 1 minute, until a fluffy icing has formed.