Tahini (sesame seed butter) is what gives this recipe it’s delicious Halva-like flavour. This recipe makes a single serving. A perfect treat for those cold days.
- 1 1/2 cups nut milk
- 2 Tbsp. cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp. coconut sugar, honey, or maple syrup
- 2 tsp. tahini
- 1 tsp. maca powder
- 1 tsp. mushroom powder (reishi, chaga, turkey tail)
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- pinch of cayenne
- pinch of sea salt
- ½ vanilla bean
- Add all ingredients, except tahini + honey (if using), to a medium pot. *I use raw honey, and don’t like to over-heat, as it destroys the live enzymes.
- Turn heat to medium-high. Bring liquid to a simmer, reduce to low, stir well and cover.
- Taste, and add more milk or sweetener, if needed.