This is the yummiest green thai curry soup. Warms your belly right up on a cold, rainy night.
- 1 Tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 1 onion, halved then sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp Thai green curry paste
- 2 cups fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 cup green beans, ends cut off
- 1 can organic, full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup organic vegetable stock
- sea salt + black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup cooked squash, cubed
- a handful of button mushrooms, sliced
- a handful of baby corn, used if organic only
- Juice of half a lime
- 1/2 head of fresh coriander, chopped for garnish
- unsweetened coconut flakes, for garnish
- Heat coconut oil in a large pan or wok, and add the onion, garlic + red chilli.
- Cook over a medium-low heat for around 5 minutes, until soft and just beginning to colour.
- Add the curry paste, and cook for one more minute before adding the chopped spinach, squash, green beans, mushrooms, coconut milk, stock and baby corn.
- Season well, and simmer for a few minutes until everything is piping hot and the soup has reduced a little.
- Add the lime juice, coconut flakes and fresh coriander, and serve warm