RECIPE ADAPTED FROM: Nourish&evole.
- 1/2 c shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 c full-fat coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp coconut butter (not coconut oil, the butter uses the whole coconut and makes these bars extra creamy)
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2-3 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- a pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 c cocoa powder
- 1/4 c virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 c cocoa butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup, or raw honey
- freeze dried strawberries, for garnish *option to use: coconut flakes, dried currents, hemp hearts, bee pollen…
- Combine your ingredients for the filling (except shredded coconut) in a high speed blender, or food processor. Blend until smooth + liquidly.
- Transfer Mixture into bowl, and stir in shredded coconut.
- Pour mixture into a baking dish lined with parchment paper. Press down firmly with the back of your spoon. Make as thick as you like. I made mine about 1 cm thick.
- Place in fridge, & let chill for 30 min – 1 hour.
- Remove from fridge, & cut into about 20 small rectangles.
- Melt coconut oil + cocoa butter for the chocolate coating. Whisk together all the coating ingredients, and pour into a cup.
- Dip each coconut bar into the chocolate, or spread over the top on each piece, and place onto a piece of parchment paper. Sprinkle generously with berries, etc. Repeat with remaining bars.
- Let bars set for about 15-30 min in the fridge. Enjoy right away, or store in the fridge for later.