In the summer, baked fresh peaches are the best treat. The high heat caramelizes the sugars, and seals the sweetness and juices inside. Grilled peaches are also fantastic with other grilled fruit (like pineapple + watermelon), on skewers with meat and veggies, and added to fresh summer salads.
- 4 peaches (perfectly ripe, i.e. not too soft – a little firmness is good), pitted + sliced in half
- 2 Tbsp virgin coconut oil, gently melted
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 – 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- a touch of sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 375.
- In a small mixing bowl, add the maple syrup, ginger, and melted coconut oil. Stir to combine, then add sliced peaches. Make sure all of the peaches are coated in the marinade.
- Place the peaches cut-side up in a baking dish. Fill each peach cavity with any extra marinade and a dash of cinnamon. Pour enough water in the bottom of the pan to come ½ inch up the side of the pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, until the flesh has softened and the tops are browned.
- Serve warm.