Slough off dry winter skin with an invigorating homemade body scrub. It’s easy, all-natural, and so darn cheap when you make it yourself.
- 2 cups organic cane sugar
- 1 cup almond, olive, coconut, or avocado oil
- 10 (or so) drops lemongrass essential oil
- 1 Tbsp organic lemon zest
If you have a tendency towards sensitive skin, test a bit of scrub first. Rub a small amount onto the inside of your wrist, rinse well, and check for redness / irritation.
You can also sub lemongrass essential oil, for orange, or grapefruit; and sub lemon zest for lime, or orange.
- Add sugar, lemon zest, and oil of choice, to large glass bowl.
- Mix well with wooden spoon. A couple things: If using coconut oil – you’ll want to get in there with your hands to help break it up, and mix it really well into the sugar granules. The friction from your hands will create warmth and help to combine. Olive oil can have a strong frangrance, and overpower the sugary sweet / lemony scent, so follow-your-nose with the choice of oil for your base.
- Last step, add essential oil – be modest and start with 5 or 6 drops, take a whiff, adding more if you desire. I like a strong lemony smell, so I used roughly 10 drops. Scrape scrub into a jar, and voila!