I made this recipe with a friend’s ice cream maker. If you don’t have one – ask around and see if a neighbour does!
I make kefir from raw milk at home. I was given the kefir *grains* a few years ago and have managed to keep them alive and healthy.
- 3 cups homemade Kefir
- .5 cup chia seeds
- 2 free range/pastured eggs
- 2 t pure Vanilla Extract
- Beat eggs together then, beat in raw honey – I gently liquified the honey in a double boiler
- Strain kefir through a cheesecloth – helps give ice cream a smoother texture.
- Blend in the kefir, chia + vanilla.
- Transfer to an ice cream maker and follow machine instructions.
- Garnish with whatever you please. I used frozen raspberries + sprouted buckwheat.