Here’s another no-bake pie to knock your socks off. A great option for people with sensitivities to dairy + gluten. A treat made with healthy, real food ingredients.
This recipe can be made using either a 9″ springform pan, or glass pie plate.
- 1.5 c hazelnut meal/ground hazelnuts
- 1/4 c virgin coconut oil, gently melted on low
- 1/4 c dried, unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 2 T raw hazelnut butter
- 3 T maple syrup *or raw honey
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 2 c raw cashews, soaked 4-6 hours and rinsed
- 1/2 c raw hazelnut butter
- 1/2 c virgin coconut oil, gently melted on low
- 1/2 c maple syrup – *or 1/4 c raw honey
- 1/2 c raw cocoa powder
- 1/2 c water
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
TO MAKE CRUST
- Grind raw hazelnuts in a clean coffee grinder. *I have a grinder just for this purpose.
- Melt virgin coconut oil on low heat, until liquid.
- Blend all ingredients together in a food processor or blender, until well combined.
- Press the crust into the bottom of a 9″ springform pan, or glass pie plate. It should be about 1/4 inch thick. If using a glass pie plate – grease liberally with coconut oil for easier serving.
- Set crust aside.
TO MAKE FILLING
- In a food processor or blender, mix together raw cashews, maple syrup, water + sea salt. Mix until totally smooth, scraping down the sides of the processor as necessary. Then, cocoa powder, hazelnut butter and coconut oil. Blend to combine, scraping down again, until mixture is uniformly combine.
- Spoon the filling on top of the crust. If using a glass pie plate for this recipe, pop the pie in the fridge for a few hours to chill. If using a springform pan, pop the pie in the freezer, until solid all the way through (roughly 4 hours). Once frozen, remove cheesecake from the pan.
- Top with raw, crushed hazelnuts. Serve chilled is best!