These brownies are some of the best I’ve ever had, and they’re flour-free too. You’ll never believe they were made with black beans and my guess is, neither will the kids.
- 1.5 c soft-cooked black beans, drained well
- 1/3 c virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 c 90% dark chocolate, chopped up into 1/4 inch pcs.
- 1/8 tsp. pink salt
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 c walnuts, finely chopped
- 2/3 – 1 c raw honey (depends how sweet you want them)
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
Making these could NOT be simpler.
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease an 8×8 glass dish liberally with coconut oil.
2. Place all but the final 3 ingredients (eggs, chopped up chocolate and walnuts) into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
3. Fold in the remaining ingredients.
4. Pour into the pan and bake for about 30 minutes.
5. Let cool – the texture actually changes as they cool off, getting more “fudgey.”
Recipe via: Naturally Knocked Up