I’ve been feeding my animals raw food for over 14 years. They all eat the exact same thing. Raw meat, organs, a few organic veggies + bones.
Turning way, way back in time, I owned a beautiful American bulldog. She was a very sick pup and contracted Parvo virus. Her chances of survival were slim. She was in the vet for weeks, and every night they would call me to tell me if she had made it through the day. But as time passed, she started to get better, stronger, and eventually they discharged her. That’s when I starred researching alternative ways to feed your dog, and I started on this on this raw food journey.
I’ve never turned back.
People are very passionate when it comes to the subject of what they feed their dogs, and with good reason. A good diet can contribute to a long and healthy life and even psychological well-being for our pets. —Modern Dog
I slowly started adding raw food to my recovering puppies kibble, until she had transitioned into full raw. The change it made was miraculous. Within weeks her coat become shiny and soft, her digestion was like nothing I had even seen, her energy sky rocketed, and her eyes were bright.
I was sold.
Ever since this experience, all my animal family eats this way. I am proud to say that I have very limited vet visits (maybe once every 5 years), everyone has a nice slim waistline, pearly whites, lots of energy, and no doggie smell!
- Vet bills are usually greatly reduced after switching to a nutritious species appropriate diet.
- Naturally clean teeth and healthy gums from the natural scrubbing, massaging and flossing action of eating raw meaty bones.
- Clean breath and no doggie odour after changing to raw feeding
- Ripping and chewing raw meaty bones develops the neck, jaw and shoulder muscles of dogs.
- Greater bioavailability of naturally occurring nutrients and enzymes in raw meat, organs and bones.
- Stools are smaller, less smelly and quickly degrade into the soil.
- Dogs tend to maintain a healthy weight and the chances of obesity are minimized since it takes longer to chew and digest raw meaty bones.
- Kibble may sit around for hours untouched but cats + dogs tend to be excited and love their raw species appropriate meals.
- Increased mental, psychological and physical stimulation leading to greater well-being and satisfaction
- Health problems such as arthritis, lack of energy, allergies, skin conditions and dull coats often improve when switching from commercial dog food to raw feeding.
- Ability to custom tailor your pets’ diets for their activity level, age, health problems and specific nutritional requirements.
There are many ways to go about feeding your animals this way. You can buy lots of different raw food blends for both dogs and cats. I choose organically raised meat, with organs included, and always give them lots of bones for teeth cleaning, minerals, and well, because honestly, it brings them pure happiness.